1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shined in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
From the beginning Jesus was the light of men. He is the way, the truth, and the light.
Like the earth, men too, were born in darkness. Without the Word, we can not be reconciled to the Father of Lights, the great God, Jehovah.
In his infinite wisdom God had a plan to give man a free will and allow him to choose to follow the path of righteousness, or paths of wickedness. It was, and is man’s choice to be reconciled to God, but only through the light of the Son, Jesus Christ.
Our earthly bodies are not equipped for the rigors of eternity and an eternal kingdom. But God has a plan for those that are led by the Spirit to become the Sons of God, children of light, with a new glorified body that has a chemical base of light, instead of water.
The perfect plan of God depends on our acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord of our lives, and the confession of that lordship through our witness for him.